HIGHEST PERFORMING PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIANS RECOGNIZED FOR THEIR COMMITMENT TO THE KUPUNA COMMUNITY
MDX Hawaii, an agilon health platform company, introduced Excellence in Kupuna Care in 2018 to acknowledge and celebrate the high performing physicians in six quality care metrics and their unwavering dedication to the quality of care they provide to Kupuna patients throughout Hawaii.
The selection criteria included six aspects of medical care which are important for patients over the age of 65. The primary care physicians highlighted in this campaign demonstrated excellence in:
- Providing patients access to primary care services through flexible office hours, phone availability during non-business hours, and helpful office staff which reduces the frequency in which their patients utilize the emergency room.
- Offering preventative care and patient education through the performance of annual wellness visits for most of their senior patients.
- Closely managing chronic conditions, as measured by a large number of their patients with acceptable blood pressure and glucose levels
- Recognizing the importance of follow-up visits for patients within seven days after discharge from the hospital to ensure questions about changes in medications, diet or lifestyle are well understood and monitored.
- Rendering preventive screenings to identify disease early, such as breast and colon cancers, as well as the performance of routine Influenza immunizations.
The 2018 HONOREES ARE:
- Emergency Department Utilization: Jinichi Tokeshi M.D., ManKwan Wong M.D.
- Chronic Disease Quality Measures: Elizaga V. Fortunato M.D., Chang-Dich Lai M.D., Sharon Lawler M.D.
- Annual Wellness Visits: Jose De Leon M.D., Chang-Dich Lai M.D.
- Access to Care/Frequency of Primary Care Visits: Pon Sang Chan M.D.
- Preventive Care: Kimberly K. Lund M.D., Maria C. Ilar-Revilla M.D.
- The transition of Care Post Hospital Discharge: Keiichi Kobayashi M.D.
Quality healthcare starts in the primary care physicians' office. Congratulations to 10 primary care physicians who have been recognized for demonstrating their commitment to proving quality care to Medicare beneficiaries
Whenever possible, results were normalized for physicians who care for sicker patient populations.